Twitter is taking one other step to curb misinformation on its platform.
In keeping with a blog post printed by Twitter at present, tweets that “might comprise deceptive details about COVID-19 vaccines” will be labeled as such. And people spreading the false data are going to be subjected to a “strike system,” which to firm outlined as:
- One strike: no account-level motion
- Two strikes: 12-hour account lock
- Three strikes: 12-hour account lock
- 4 strikes: 7-day account lock
- 5 or extra strikes: everlasting suspension
Twitter says it will begin with tweets in English and its objective is to “ultimately use each automated and human assessment to handle content material that violates our COVID-19 vaccine misinformation guidelines.”
Fb additionally not too long ago doubled down on efforts to curb the unfold of misinformation in regards to the COVID-19 vaccines.