The fast-moving scenario in Afghanistan appears more and more grim. Taliban fighters have taken Kabul. The Afghan president has fled the nation. Panic and chaos are unfolding at Kabul’s worldwide airport. As U.S.-led forces withdraw from Afghanistan after 20 years, they go away behind a rustic in the throes of a political and humanitarian crisis. In the event you’re on the lookout for methods to help, we’ve rounded up some assets beneath.
- Worldwide Committee of the Crimson Cross: In an replace final week, the ICRC mentioned it has handled greater than 4,000 folks wounded by weapons in Afghanistan for the reason that starting of August. On Twitter Monday, it reaffirmed its support for Afghanistan and vowed not to scale back its presence in the nation. Learn the way to provide your assist here.
- Girls for Girls Worldwide: This group has launched an emergency marketing campaign to help Afghan ladies and says it’s monitoring the scenario on the bottom. You possibly can assist its efforts here.
- Afghanaid: This group, headquartered in London, is offering emergency companies in Afghanistan. You possibly can observe its updates on Instagram and assist its efforts here.
- Save the Children: This group is offering help to displaced households, though it warns that “some areas are inaccessible to humanitarians.” It estimates that 800,000 children have been displaced in the final two months. You possibly can be taught extra here.
- In the event you’re in Canada: “The Convention of Defence Associations and the CDA Institute are looking for 1,000 volunteers . . . to welcome and help combine Afghans who served alongside the Canadian Armed Forces.” Study how one can become involved here.
- In the event you’re in the D.C. space: Lutheran Social Providers of the Nationwide Capital Space is on the lookout for volunteers to help help resettled Afghans (as highlighted in this Twitter thread). Study extra here.
- Different native volunteer alternatives: Additionally from the above thread, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service is on the lookout for volunteers to help resettled Afghans in Seattle, Houston, and Fort Value, in addition to the D.C. space. Extra information here.
This story is creating . . .