As President Biden closes out his third full week in workplace, many Individuals—those that voted for him and people who didn’t—are ready on edge to see how his legislative priorities take form.
Simply what will these be?
Most of us have our personal views on the matter, and, given the huge variety of our nation, these concepts cross a large spectrum of thought. In a latest ballot, Quick Firm collected responses from a really particular group: 206 business leaders who’re a part of the Fast Company Impact Council or executives of firms on our Most Progressive Corporations lists.
Right here’s what they mentioned the Biden administration ought to prioritize:
- Considerably increasing federal help for COVID-19 testing, vaccinations, and private protecting tools: A majority, 51%, mentioned this must be the highest precedence. As we enter our second 12 months of the coronavirus pandemic, with greater than 450,000 lives misplaced, there’s no a part of the US that the virus hasn’t contaminated.
- Growing spending and regulation to enhance the setting and scale back local weather change: As a brand new era of activists is making clear, local weather change is without doubt one of the most pressing considerations for our future. Practically half, or 47%, of respondents mentioned the administration ought to deal with local weather laws. Exterior Capitol Hill, many business leaders themselves are driving revolutionary insurance policies to enhance the environment, from younger startups hoping to alter the world to company behemoths with the largest carbon footprints.
- Enacting a serious COVID-19 reduction invoice that features support for companies and people considerably damage by the financial results of COVID-19: Unemployment reviews during the last 12 months have painted a grim image of the U.S. financial system, and with extra shutdowns on account of winter COVID-19 surges, many companies and employees are nonetheless hurting. Delivering reduction for them was named a precedence by 44% of respondents.
- Addressing considerations about race and policing by establishing a nationwide police oversight fee: In 2020, a lot of the nation reckoned with racial inequality after tales of police brutality flooded the information, prompting waves of Black Lives Matter protests. A damaged system will not be fastened in a day, or in a 12 months, however 25% of respondents consider the work ought to begin with a federal initiative.
- Growing spending on the nation’s infrastructure, akin to roads, bridges, and airports: First-class infrastructure is each important to the continued success of a functioning metropolis, and in addition a show of a rustic’s standing on the forefront of technological innovation. For twenty-four% of respondents, higher infrastructure was a primary purpose.
- Enacting federal laws to make sure everybody has medical health insurance protection: Many policymakers have lobbied for common well being protection through the years, but it nonetheless eludes our authorities. It’s a problem 24% of respondents want the Biden administration to tackle.
A lot of the respondents in our survey indicated that they voted for Biden within the election, and the bulk say they really feel “very” or “considerably” assured within the present state of the U.S. financial system.