It’s a complete new world for the Walt Disney Firm’s board of administrators.
Susan Arnold will substitute Bob Iger, in line with the Burbank, California-based leisure large. When she assumes the position on December 31, she is going to turn into the first girl to chair Disney’s board in the corporate’s 98-year historical past. Right here’s what else it’s best to find out about her:
- Arnold served as a Disney board member for 14 years and as impartial lead director for 3. In an announcement, Iger stated, “Susan is an extremely esteemed govt whose wealth of expertise, unwavering integrity, and knowledgeable judgment have been invaluable to the Firm since she first joined the Board in 2007. Susan is the proper selection for Chairman of the Board, and I’m assured the Firm is well-positioned for continued success below her steering and management. It has been a definite honor to work with Susan and our many different gifted administrators, and I’m extremely grateful for the assist and smart counsel they’ve offered throughout my tenure.”
- Her enterprise bona fides are ample. For instance, she served as working govt of the fairness funding agency The Carlyle Group from 2013 to this 12 months. She additionally was Procter & Gamble‘s president of world enterprise models 2002-2009 and earlier than that held varied different roles at P&G.
- Arnold is aware of about boards. There may be her work on Disney’s, in fact. “As I step into this new position as Chairman of the Board, I sit up for persevering with to serve the long-term pursuits of Disney‘s shareholders and dealing carefully with CEO Bob Chapek as he builds upon the Firm’s century-long legacy of artistic excellence and innovation,” she stated in a written assertion yesterday. She was additionally a director of McDonald’s Corp. from 2008-2016, and of NBTY, Inc. 2013-2017.
- She’s been included on the Wall Avenue Journal‘s 50 Girls to Watch and Fortune‘s 50 Most Highly effective Girls in Enterprise lists.
- Arnold obtained her bachelor’s diploma from the College of Pennsylvania and her MBA from the College of Pittsburgh.
- She’s 67 years previous and was born in Pittsburgh.